Have you ever worn one of your cutest summer dresses and felt like a million bucks, only to have it all go down hill when you get that awful burning sensation starting on your inner thighs. It is what I like to refer to as the dreaded “chub rub”. I have suffered for as long as I can remember, and can recall times when I could hardly even walk because it hurt so bad. One day I expressed my dismay for this problem to one of my thinner girlfriends to find out that she suffers from it too! I was in total shock when I heard this, I honestly thought only plus size women knew about this nightmare, but I now know that all women are prone to it. Now the question is, do you suffer from it? And how have you dealt with chub rub over the years? I can remember many tactics that I have used, from baby powdering my inner thighs before going out (which eventually wears away) to wearing bicycle shorts (which can be uncomfortable). Sometimes a good pair of stockings or shapewear can help, but who wants to wear those all summer long, especially with a casual summer dress?
This is where Marnie Consky comes in, creator of Thigh Society, a unique underwear shorts to help prevent that annoying and painful inner thigh rubbing. I had the pleasure of trying a pair of Thigh Society shorts out and must say I was pleasantly surprised. The most important thing to note is that these shorts are NOT shapeware. They are super comfortable and lightweight shorts that are super soft like a cotton t-shirt material. They come in Black, White and Beige and are available in sizes S – 4x! I wear a size 2x and ordered a 2x and it fit true to size. I wore my Thigh Society shorts 3 days in a row with 3 different dressed and they helped every time! No more rubbing and no more pain. YAY!
This is what my Thigh Society shorts looked like when I received them. I was so excited to try them out!
Here are some specs on Thigh Society :
Sleek and Practical Design:
- So super soft and light, you’ll forget you’re wearing them!
- Plenty of fabric coverage to protect your delicate skin
- No visible panty lines
- Ultra comfortable thanks to chafe resistant flat seams
- Sits below your skirt or pant waistline
- Just enough stretch to hug your body for a fabulous fit
- Fabric-covered waistband won’t pinch or roll down
- Leg band moves with you, not up on you
- Double lined gusset (crotch) of the same fabric is a built-in panty
Soft and Breathable Fabric:
- Black and white available in a fabric blend of 57% rayon from bamboo, 37% cotton and 6% spandex
- Beige available in a 92% cotton, 8% spandex
- Absorbs and evaporates moisture to keep you cool and dry
- No embarrassing noise when you walk (like with pantyhose or nylon shapewear)
- Pre-shrunk and machine washable
And one last bit of information we would like to ad is that Thigh Society is a Canadian brand, and we love to support Canadian companies!
Check out ThighSociety.ca for more information and pricing.